This Knowledgebase article provides information about the minimum system requirements for Neverfail Continuity Engine.
Neverfail Continuity Engine minimum system requirements for Neverfail Continuity Engine (Heartbeat) V5.2.0 are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows Server/Advanced Server 2000 SP4
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1/SP2 Standard/Enterprise Edition 32-bit and 64-bit (Itanium is not supported)
- 2GB of free system hard disk space. This should be on the drive Neverfail Heartbeat is to be installed upon
- A minimum of 512MB RAM (1 GB is recommended). Exact requirements depend on application load
- Operating system, service pack level and hotfixes must match the Primary Server
- System RAM should be greater than or equal to that on the Primary Server
- ACPI compliance and Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) must match the Primary Server
- Available disk space should be greater than or equal to that the Primary Server
WAN: 2 Network cards per machine - 1 Public & 1 Neverfail Channel
LAN: 2 Network cards per machine - 3 recommended for redundancy purposes - 1 Public & 2 Neverfail Channels
Neverfail SCOPE should be used to confirm a server or server pair's suitability for Neverfail Continuity Engine implementation.