This Knowledgebase article provides information about the steps to take before logging a new Support Request (SR).
Neverfail maintains a comprehensive Knowledgebase with a large number of tutorials, step-by-step guides, and informative tips on how to setup, configure, and best manage Neverfail products and services. You will also find answers to Frequently Asked Questions, solutions to commonly observed problems, and information about known issues.
It is therefore recommended that you consult the Neverfail Knowledgebase before submitting a Support Request.
If your questions are not addressed in the Neverfail Knowledgebase, or you require additional information or advice, please collect the information below, before requesting support.
Neverfail regularly analyzes Support Requests as part of its ongoing product improvement program. Therefore, please report multiple issues as separate Support Requests. Neverfail may also split an issue into multiple Support Requests and address each separately.
To submit a Support Request, follow the steps below:
Identify the server pair
- End-user company
- Server name / description
- Location and installation / upgrade date
- Neverfail software version
- Third-party software versions
Provide a detailed description of the issue or question. If the request relates to a problem, the following information will be required:
- Description of the symptoms observed
- Text of any error messages
- Step-by-step instructions to reproduce
- Summary of all recent environment changes, whether believed to be related or not
Collate and attach relevant supporting information, such as:
- Neverfail Heartbeat logs and Windows event logs (see Knowledgebase article #146 - How to retrieve the Neverfail Heartbeat logs and other useful information for Support purposes)
- Neverfail SCOPE output data
- Indicate the Severity & Urgency
- Critical- System has ceased to function.
- Serious- Protected application running but not replicating
- Routine- Any other unexpected operation
- Cosmetic- Documentation or minor issue. Request for Information or Enhancement
- Urgent- Has senior management attention. Visible and impacting the business
- Important- Has systems manager attention. Not Visible but impacting service
- Routine- Normal level of urgency. No impact on business
- Hold- No immediate action required at present
Note: If the issue has a higher priority than “Routine”, please also telephone your Support Center in addition to emailing or submitting on-line.
The Support Request should be reported to your normal Neverfail Support contact upon first occurrence. All requests should be submitted on-line in every case. The Online Support System can be accessed from the Neverfail Extranet -> Technical Support -> Request Support page.