This Knowledgebase article provides information about problems restoring the backup file during the installation of Neverfail Heartbeat on Microsoft Windows 2000.
Note: Please ensure that both Primary and Secondary server have the same Hotfixes applied prior to installation of Neverfail Heartbeat.
- Restore appears to complete on the Secondary server but does not prompt the user to restart the system.
- The NTBackup window disappears with no information or prompts for further action.
- The server is restarted manually by the user following the system restore and it does not appear identical to the Primary server after logging in.
NTBackup should prompt for a restart of the Secondary server following restore. It may be necessary to carry out one or all of the following in this order to receive a restart prompt.
- Restore the System State a second time on the Secondary Server.
- Restore the Windows system folder and the System State a second time on the Secondary Server.
If you continue to experience problems after following the above procedure(s), please contact Neverfail Support.