"Applying Computer Settings" displayed for a long period of time during Microsoft Windows startup.
When "Applying Computer Settings" is displayed on screen during startup and for a long period of time, this can indicate several different problems.
- Services may be experiencing problems starting.
- Refer to the Windows Application and System logs for errors or warnings that may have been logged during startup.
- Is there network connectivity?
- Do any of the services require Active Directory to be visible?
- Is DNS resolving the forward and reverse name of the server correctly?
- Does the AD server respond to requests from other servers?
- Consult the Microsoft Knowledgebase for further information on the various error messages logged.
Neverfail Hearbeat Issues
1) Passive Servers
Neverfail Heartbeat server pairs may experience some of the above symptoms on passive servers if a protected service is set to automatic instead of manual. The service may time out attemtping to start because it is unable to communicate with dependant services or servers.
2) Does the service in question require a Neverfail AM(X) that has not been installed. Please check either
- Supported Applications Knowlegebase Article.
- The appropriate product section on the extranet.
- Contact support with the name of the service or application.
These problems may adversly affect switchover or failover.
In order to resolve this problem either:
1. Purchase the correct AM(X) for the 3rd party application.
2. Consult the Channel Partner or Neverfail Support Engineer to see if they can include the service in the start /stop scripts.
3. If the 3rd Party Application is not a critical application consider uninstalling it.
Articles in this section
- Microsoft Windows Updates from July 2018 affecting Neverfail Engine Channel Connection
- How To Fix The `Failed to set Engine's Packet Filter Loadstate` Error
- How to Reconfigure SQL Server Reporting Services when it's being protected by Neverfail Continuity Engine
- How To Resolve "Error starting Interceptor - NFID DRIVER ERROR: Driver.load failed: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file." problem
- How to reestablish the trust relationship between a protected server and a domain controller
- Plugins are not automatically installed during Continuity Engine deployment because of a failure to determine and persist Monitor CNC targets]
- SQL Server Reporting Services cannot decrypt configuration following a switchover
- Expected behavior of Cozen Identity Passive Management feature when a Neverfail Engine DR Pair is extended to a HA+DR Trio
- Neverfail Continuity Engine Cloning and Recloning limitations: disconnected Engine cluster
- How to start the vCenter Server 6.x services on the active server when VMware Service Lifecycle Manager (vmon) service fails to start them