This article describes how to increase the default HandshakeTimeout value in the registry.
Note: Neverfail does not recommend changing any registry values without first contacting Neverfail Support.
In certain circumstances Neverfail Support may advise increasing the HandshakeTimeout value in the registry. This can be because of a large amount of file filters that require to be processed before the handshake is attempted or a slow channel connection across a WAN.
To make any change to this registry setting Neverfail Heartbeat must be completely shutdown on both the Active and Passive servers.
Altering the HandshakeTimeout
1. Check that Neverfail Heartbeat is completely shutdown on both the Active and Passive servers.
2. On both servers: Open regedit. Start > Run > type "regedit" and click "ok".
3. Browse to the following location:
4. Modify the following value.
Early versions of Neverfail Heartbeat will have a default value of 5000. (Pre 4.4)
Later versions of Neverfail Heartbeat will have a default value of 30000. (4.4 onwards)
5. Change the value in the registry. Note: This default timeout should only be changed to a setting agreed with Neverfail Support.
6. Once this setting has been changed on both servers Start Neverfail Heartbeat on the Active and Passive server.
For further information please contact Neverfail Support.