This Knowledgebase article provides information for users upgrading from Neverfail Heartbeat V4.4 to V4.5 who also wish to install an AMX for a third-party antivirus tool for Microsoft Exchange. It is applicable only to the following AMXs / antivirus tools:
- Sophos MailMonitor 1.7
- Trend Micro ScanMail 6.2
- Trend Micro ScanMail 7.0
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Please ensure you have read and fully understood the instructions below before attempting to upgrade Neverfail Heartbeat.
- It is necessary to uninstall Neverfail Heartbeat from both servers during the upgrade process, as Neverfail Heartbeat drivers are updated on both the active and passive servers; so system downtime will be incurred.
- Neverfail Heartbeat and AMXs are licensed separately by Neverfail. Before running the procedure below, please ensure you have a valid license key for the AMX you wish to install. This key can be obtained from the Neverfail Extranet, either directly or via your Channel Partner.
- This article assumes that you are installing an AMX, which protects a mail-scanning antivirus tool for Microsoft Exchange. If you are installing any other AMX, please contact Neverfail Support.
- Several of the steps below refer to TD-H - Reference Guide - V4.5-0.2.pdf. This document is part of the Neverfail V4.5 software kit.
To upgrade Neverfail Heartbeat version V4.4 to V4.5 and install an AMX, complete the steps below:
On a remote client PC, or the active server:
- Download the required AMX from the appropriate product area of the Neverfail Extranet and extract the contents to a folder. Copy the folder and its contents to both of the servers in your Neverfail pair.
- Download Z-Sw-H-V4.5.zip from the appropriate product area of the Neverfail Extranet and extract the contents to a folder (referred to below as the 'install kit' folder). Do not copy this folder to either server in your Neverfail pair just yet.
Open the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client, and check that the polarity of your server pair is as follows:
- Primary server = active role
- Secondary server = passive role
- Shutdown Neverfail Heartbeat and close any other applications you may have open on the active and passive servers.
- Close all remaining instances of the Neverfail Server Pairs Overview window you may have open on any client PCs, and then uninstall the Neverfail Heartbeat Client tools completely.
- On the Secondary server, uninstall Neverfail Heartbeat. Please refer to TD-H - Reference Guide - V4.5-0.2.pdf, Section 2.3, 'Uninstalling Neverfail Products'. Elect to leave the Secondary server OFF the network, and rename it.
- On the Primary server, uninstall Neverfail Heartbeat. Please refer to TD-H - Reference Guide - V4.5-0.2.pdf, Section 2.3, 'Uninstalling Neverfail Products'. Elect to leave the Primary server ON the network.
- Rebuild the Secondary server in preparation for a full Neverfail Heartbeat install. Please refer to TD-H - Reference Guide - V4.5-0.2.pdf, section 2.1.2, 'Software Requirements' and section 2.1.3, 'Networking Requirements'
On the Primary Server, install and configure the antivirus software.
- For general advice about Neverfail Heartbeat and antivirus tools, please see Knowledgebase article #104 - 'Neverfail Heartbeat and Anti-Virus Tools - General Advice Regarding Interoperability with Anti-Virus Scanners'.
- For advice regarding Sophos Mail Monitor, please see Knowledgebase article #210 - 'Sophos Anti-Virus Specific Advice'.
For advice regarding Trend Micro Scan Mail, please see Knowledgebase article #212 - 'Trend Anti-Virus Specific Advice'.
- Copy the install kit folder to the Primary and Secondary servers and to any client PCs where you wish to run the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
On the Primary server, run Setup.exe from the directory \V4_5_37, which is located in the install kit folder. Please follow the instructions on-screen to install Neverfail Heartbeat.
Note: The AMX must be installed as part of the installation of Neverfail Heartbeat on the Primary server. Please refer to TD-H - Reference Guide - V4.5-0.2.pdf, section 2.2, 'Installing Neverfail Software', for instructions on how and when to do this.
When installation completes on the Secondary server, Neverfail Heartbeat will start automatically on that server. Depending on the option you selected at the end of the Primary server install phase, Neverfail Heartbeat may or may not be running on the Primary server. If Heartbeat is not running on the Primary server, start it now.
On any remote client PCs where you wish to run the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client:
Run Setup.exe from the directory \V4_5_37 in the install kit directory, and select 'Client Only Install'. Please follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation of the Client Tools.
- On a remote client PC, or the ACTIVE server, as appropriate, use the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client to check that the Neverfail Channel is connected and that a full system check is in progress.
If the Primary server is passive and the Secondary is active, you should perform a switchover. Wait until the switchover is complete and the Management Client reports both File System Status and Registry Status as 'Synchronized' before proceeding to the next step.
Neverfail Heartbeat V4.4