This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail for BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
We have tested that this operates with up to Service Pack 4 of BES 4.0 and Service Pack 1 of BES 4.1.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6, 4.0, & 4.1 For Exchange
- Neverfail for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 & 4.1 For Lotus Domino
- Neverfail for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 MDS Server
The following new features were added to this release.
- This release supports version 4.1 of BlackBerry Enterprise Server. We support this in the Exchange and Lotus environments.
- This release also protects the BlackBerry 4.1 MDS Studio Application Environment.
- No longer uses environment variables in script ( Neverfail Group internal reference BZ 4153).
- Incorrect filter for BES Version 3.6 (Neverfail Group internal reference BZ 4200 SR 3150).
Before performing a switchover in the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client, it is important to close the Management Client for BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Failure to do so may cause some files to fail to verify or synchronize when the new server becomes active.
If files do go out of sync after a switch, simply logon to the passive server, close the Management Client for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and then logout. Neverfail Heartbeat should automatically verify the files once this has been done.
The AM(X) can be used to protect deployments of BlackBerry Enterprise Server with the following local SQL Server databases.
- SQL Server 2000
The Application Module can also be used on deployments of BlackBerry Enterprise Server where the database is on a remote server.
Note: If you are installing BlackBerry for Lotus Domino, you will also need to download Neverfail for Lotus Domino. Please note that this Application Module only supports the following versions of Lotus Domino 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0.
Installation ProcedureIn order to install, this AM(X) requires Neverfail Heartbeat V4.7.1 or above.
- Run the Neverfail Heartbeat Setup.exe.
Follow the on screen instructions.
When prompted, enter a license key that is valid for
Neverfail for SQL Server - Required if there is a local database.
Neverfail for BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Neverfail for Lotus Domino - Only required when deploying BlackBerry for Lotus Domino.
Proceed through the install, when prompted select Application Modules
For a local database select Neverfail for SQL Server and t hen click Next .
Otherwise, bypass this screen and click Next .
When prompted for AM(X)s
For Lotus Domino installations provide the location of the extracted LotusDominoServer.amx script.
Provide the location of the extracted BlackBerryEnterpriseServer.amx script. Click Next .
If any of the pre-install checks fail, correct the problem and then click Back and then Next for the checks to be re-run.
Please note that the installation will fail if no supported version can be found.
Neverfail for BlackBerry Enterprise Server