This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail AMX for GFI MailEssentials.
Release Notes for:
Neverfail AM(X) for GFI Mail Essentials 10 or 12
- Neverfail for Exchange – when GFI MailEssentials is installed on the Exchange Server
- Neverfail for IIS – when MailEssentials is installed as a Mail Relay (Exchange is not present)
- This AMX version supports version 12, as well as version 10, of GFI MailEssentials.
- The previous GFI MailEssentials AM(X) recommended FileServer, however this does not provide adequate protection. Neverfail for IIS should be used instead.
This product requires one of the following Application Modules to be installed and licensed,
- Neverfail for Exchange - When the GFI MailEssentials product is installed on a Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Neverfail for IIS - When the GFI MailEssentials product is installed as a Mail Relay (not on a Microsoft Exchange Server)
This product requires a valid license key obtained from the Neverfail Extranet authorizing the use of this product (ID 1-1010).
This AM(X) is compatible with Neverfail Heartbeat V4.6 to V5.0.3. Please note it cannot be used with previous versions of Heartbeat.
Note: This product should be installed during the Neverfail Heartbeat install process.
- Extract the downloaded zip archive.
During Neverfail installation:
- If this is an Exchange server - Select the Neverfail for Exchange Application Module and click Next .
- If Exchange is not present - Click Next and when prompted for an AM(X) script, browse to the location of the extracted IISServer.amx script.
- Then provide the location of the GFI.MailEssentials.amx script.
- Then press Next .
- The automated installer will perform system compatibility checks before proceeding with the Neverfail installation.
- If these checks fail and are non-critical, the installer can press the Back button and rectify the problem before proceeding. Critical errors may cause the installer to abort. Copy and paste the install summary report if you are in doubt of the exact cause, and submit it to Support.
Neverfail AMX for GFI MailEssentials 2006-04-19