This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to change the Client Connection Port on a Neverfail server pair.
The Client Connection Port is used by clients (such as the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client), to connect to Neverfail Heartbeat.
It should not be changed unless this port is already in use. To check, type netstat -a in a command window, when Neverfail Heartbeat is not running.
If you do need to change the Client Connection Port, ensure that you choose a different number to that of the Default Channel Port. Its default value is 57348. Check the Default Channel Port number prior to making changes to the Client Connection Port.
How to change your Client Connection Port:
- From your Start menu, select Programs -> Neverfail -> Configure Server to open the Server Configuration wizard.
- Select the Machine tab.
- Change the 'Client Connection Port' value to an unused value (use the ‘netstat -a’ command described above to check whether a port number is being used or not). Ensure that you choose a different port number than that of the 'Default Channel Port' (default value is 57348).
Additional Steps Required for Neverfail v6.6 or greater
If Neverfail Client Connection port is changed from the default of 52267, either during Neverfail Heartbeat Setup or using the Configure Server Wizard, the Web Services component must be re-configured to communicate with Neverfail Heartbeat via the new Client Connection Port:
- From Service Control Manager, shutdown “Neverfail Web Services” (nfwebsvc) service.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Javasoft\prefs\Neverfail\hbws\hb_host_port.
- Edit the port from 52267 and enter the new Client Connection port (provided in Setup or Configuration Wizard)
- Start “Neverfail Web Services”.
Failed to connect to client com.neverfail.manager.ConnectionException: Problem while connecting to Neverfail Heartbeat at localhost:52267