This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail AMX for McAfee GroupShield for Lotus Domino.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail AMX for McAfee GroupShield for Lotus Domino 2006-09-19
- This is the first release of this AMX. It was released initially as a beta test. The beta test completed successfully on 2007-05-24 and from that date, the software is current and fully available.
This product requires the Neverfail for Lotus Domino Application Module to be installed and licensed.
This product requires a valid license key obtained from the Neverfail Extranet authorizing the use of this product (ID 1-1046).
This AM(X) is compatible with Neverfail Heartbeat V5.1.0 Onwards. Please note it cannot be used with previous versions of Heartbeat.
Note: When McAfee GroupShield for Lotus Domino is installed on a server with McAfee (R) VirusScan (R) Enterprise, both applications share a common default install location: 'C:\Program Files\Network Associates'.
As a result, the common parent directory will fail to be verified by Neverfail Heartbeat because one of the services used by McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) keeps this directory open. Neverfail Heartbeat requires access to parent directories during a Full System Check.
To prevent synchronization issues, Neverfail recommends installing McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) Enterprise in a different directory. If you have already installed the product, please uninstall it and reinstall it in a different directory, 'e.g. C:\Program Files\McAfee VirusScan'.
If you have already completed the installation of Neverfail Heartbeat with these components, then it is recommended that McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) Enterprise be reinstalled on the active and passive servers.
Note: This product should be installed during the Neverfail Heartbeat install process.
- Extract the downloaded zip archive.
- During Neverfail installation, select the Neverfail for Lotus Domino Application Module and click Next .
- When prompted for an AM(X) script, browse to the location of the extracted LotusDominoServer.amx script.
- Then provide the location of the McAfeeGroupShieldLotusDomino.amx script.
- Then press Next .
- The automated installer will perform system compatibility checks before proceeding with the Neverfail installation.
- If these checks fail and are non-critical, the installer can press the Back button and rectify the problem before proceeding. Critical errors may cause the installer to abort.
- Copy and paste the install summary report if you are in doubt of the exact cause, and submit it to Support.
Neverfail AMX for McAfee GroupShield for Lotus Domino 2006-09-19