This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail AMX for McAfee GroupShield for Exchange.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail AMX for McAfee GroupShield for Microsoft Exchange 2006-09-19
- Enhances the AMX to protect the user preferences and the product log. (internal Neverfail Group reference BZ 4443)
- Enhances the AMX to protect the centralized alerting if installed in a non-standard location.
This product requires the Neverfail for Exchange Application Module to be installed and licensed.
This product requires a valid license key obtained from the Neverfail Extranet authorizing the use of this product (ID 1-1005).
This AM(X) is compatible with Neverfail Heartbeat V5.0.1 V5.0.3. Please note it cannot be used with previous versions of Heartbeat.
Note: When McAfee GroupShield for Exchange is installed on a server with McAfee (R) VirusScan (R) Enterprise, both applications share a common default install location: 'C:\Program Files\Network Associates'.
As a result, the common parent directory will fail to be verified by Neverfail Heartbeat because one of the services used by McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) keeps this directory open. Neverfail Heartbeat requires access to parent directories during a Full System Check.
To prevent synchronization issues, Neverfail recommends installing McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) Enterprise in a different directory. If you have already installed the product, please uninstall it and reinstall it in a different directory, 'e.g. C:\Program Files\McAfee VirusScan'.
If you have already completed the installation of Neverfail Heartbeat with these components, then it is recommended that McAfee(R) VirusScan(R) Enterprise be reinstalled on the active and passive servers.
Note: This product should be installed during the Neverfail Heartbeat install process.
- Extract the downloaded zip archive.
- During Neverfail installation, select the Neverfail for Exchange Application Module and click Next .
- When prompted for an AM(X) script, browse to the location of the extracted Exchange.vbs script.
- Then provide the location of the McAfeeGroupShieldExchange.amx script.
- Then press Next .
- The automated installer will perform system compatibility checks before proceeding with the Neverfail installation.
- If these checks fail and are non-critical, the installer can press the Back button and rectify the problem before proceeding. Critical errors may cause the installer to abort.
- Copy and paste the install summary report if you are in doubt of the exact cause, and submit it to Support.
Neverfail AMX for McAfee GroupShield for Microsoft Exchange 2006-09-19