This Knowledgebase article describes how to log onto the passive server if problems are encountered.
The following procedure can be used to login to the Passive server should any problems be encountered.
To open the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client on the passive server of the Neverfail pair, please follow this procedure:
- Login as a local Administrator on the passive server on startup of Windows.
- Verify that Neverfail Heartbeat is started on the passive server (Check the system tray icon, it should be S and -)
- Right click on the Neverfail icon in the system tray and select Manage Server .
- Enter the correct credentials (username and password).
- Click on the Servers icon and select Add Pair .
- Add 'Localhost' as the host name and click OK then Close .
- From the Server dropdown list, make sure that the 'Localhost' server option has been selected.
- Click on OK to open 'Server Pairs Overview'.
- Double click on the established connection to open the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
Note: If the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client is denying access using the provided credentials (Invalid User name or password) please try a different password, user name, or login with DomainName\Username. For more information about this issue please consult Knowledgebase article #57 - 'Error Message: 'LoginFailedException. Source: Secondary while active. Failed to authenticate user'. (Invalid user or Password).
For further information, please contact your Neverfail Support representative.