Note: This product is no longer available or supported.
This Knowledgebase article explains the protection offered by the Microsoft Dynamics NAV AM(X). A sister article, Knowledgebase article #922 - 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Application Module - Versions', lists all the versions of the AM(X). In addition, there are links from that sister article to Knowledgebase articles that explain the unique features of each version.
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an integrated collaborative business solution, which can be deployed with either a SQL Server backend or a standard Navision database backend. Please note that the AM(X) only supports deployments where the backend database is SQL Server. This AM(X) protects the Microsoft Dynamics NAV services, program files, and configuration information.
The following is a list of all services protected by this AM(X). Please note that where an AM(X) supports multiple vendor versions, some services may not be present in a particular version.
- Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision Application Server $INSTANCE-SQL ($INSTANCE-SQL)
- Commerce Gateway Request Server (Commerce Gateway Request Server)
- Navision Communication System Service (Navision Communication System Service)
- Navision VT100 Plug-in (NavisionVT100Plugin)
- Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision Key Exchange Service (NEPKeyExchangeService)
- NS$BusinessNotificationInstance (NS$BusinessNotificationInstance)
- Notification Service Deployment Manager (NSDeploymentManager)
When the AM(X) is installed, all protected services will be set to manual unless otherwise stated. Note that the Commerce Gateway Broker Service is not monitored, nor is it added to the start & stop scripts, because it is controlled directly by the software and starts on demand.
The following is description of the protected data set that was determined at AM(X) install time. Please note that exact filters will be based on the configuration of the application at the moment that the AM(X) was installed.
- All the necessary local client and server application files.
- All necessary configuration information.
- All registry data.
- The database and log files will be protected by Neverfail for SQL Server.
Automatic Filter Discovery
The AM(X) does not provide a filter discovery component. The AM(X) will need to be reinstalled in accordance with Knowledgebase article #462 - 'How to Upgrade or Reinstall an Application Module to Protect Previously Unprotected Features', if the application is reconfigured in such a way that new locations are specified for files that are currently protected.
Unsupported Components or Features
The AM(X) does not protect the following application features or components:
- The AM(X) does not support the Dynamics NAV for Windows XP.
- The AM(X) does not support the Navision proprietary database.
- Smart Tag Web Server component is currently not supported; please deploy this on a separate server.