This Knowledgebase article is one of a sequence of Feature Lists. Feature Lists are Knowledgebase articles that describe an AM(X).
This Knowledge Base article explains the protection offered by the Pervasive PSQL AM(X). A sister article, Knowledgebase article #928 - 'Pervasive PSQL – Application Module – Versions', lists all the versions of the AM(X) that we have produced to date and the versions of related supported software. In addition, there are links from that sister Knowledgebase article to Knowledgebase articles that explain the unique features of each version.
The Pervasive PSQL solution is a complete database management system (DBMS) which provides both relational and transactional access to data, each front-end application can use either one or both types of access to it. This AM(X) protects the PSQL services, database files, program files location and all configuration information.
This is a list of all services protected by this AM(X). Please note that where an AM(X) supports multiple vendor versions, some services may not be present in a particular version.
- Pervasive.SQL (relational)
- Pervasive.SQL (transactional)
When the AM(X) is installed, all protected services will be set to manual unless otherwise stated.
This is a description of the protected data set that was determined at AM(X) install time. Please note that exact filters will be based on the configuration of the application at the moment that the AM(X) was installed.
- All the registry configuration data
- The install location of PSQL
- The dbnames.cfg configuration file, located in the Windows install dir
- Database(s) and log files in the install directory
Automatic Filter Discovery
The AM(X) does not provide an automatic filter discovery component to protect databases created outside of the program’s install path. Filters will need to be created manually. The AM(X) will need to be reinstalled according to KB Knowledgebase article #462 - 'How to Upgrade or Reinstall an Application Module to Protect Previously Unprotected Features', if the application’s install location changes.
Unsupported Components or Features
The AM(X) does not protect the following application features or components:
- Currently filter discovery is not run at install time. When installing Neverfail for Pervasive PSQL the engineer should manually add filters for the databases outside of the Pervasive PSQL install location (e.g. D:\PervasiveDB\Data\**). For more information on manually creating File Filters please review the ‘Specifying Recursive Wildcards’ section of Knowledgebase article #298 - 'File Filter Rule Syntax'.