This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to enter a new license key after Neverfail Heartbeat has been installed on a server cluster.
You may be required to enter a new Neverfail Heartbeat license keys following the certain configuration changes, such as changing a NIC, adding new Application Modules (AMs)/Plug-ins, or changing the identity of a server (for example, Primary to Secondary). Follow the procedure below to enter the new license keys without having to reinstall Neverfail Heartbeat.
Note: Beginning with Neverfail Heartbeat V6.0, the license key must be added on all servers in the cluster: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary (if present).
To install a new Neverfail Heartbeat license key, perform the following steps:
- Using the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client, shutdown Neverfail Heartbeat.
- Right-click the Neverfail icon in the system tray and select Server Configuration. The Server Configuration wizard starts.
- Select the License tab. In the License Key section, delete the old key.
- Manually enter the new license key or import a .txt file that contains the new license key.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 on the Secondary server and on the Tertiary server (if present).
- Restart Neverfail Heartbeat on all servers.
Neverfail Heartbeat, all versions.