This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to avoid unnecessary synchronization of data in a low bandwidth environment.
To avoid the unnecessary synchronization of data in low bandwidth environments, the
steps outlined below should be followed in the situations listed below:
- During a WAN install.
- Where application data was included in the backup file.
- The backup has completed on the Primary server.
Before starting Neverfail Heartbeat for the first time on the Primary-active server:
- Go to the location of Exchange Log files.
- Ensure the folders view is set to 'Details'.
Check the state of the Attributes flag. If it does not contain the 'Archive'
flag, proceed to step 4 otherwise go straight to step 5.
Select all files, right click, select properties, click advanced and select 'File is ready for
- Start Neverfail Heartbeat when instructed to do so by install document.