When performing a Switchover the Passive server may appear "UNKNOWN" in the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Console.
The following conditions are true thereafter:
- The System > Status & Control panel of the GUI shows incorrect status of the Passive
- The Communication > Status panel of the GUI indicates the NF Channel Link
Status as 'Connected'
- Replication still occurs
- A local Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client can be connected to Heartbeat
on the active server. Once connected, it shows the same status and
communication information as the remote Management Client
- A local Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client cannot be connected to
Heartbeat on the passive server. The Neverfail Heartbeat Login 'Connecting to
server...' panel appears, and freezes.
Neverfail recommends that where possible an Administrator account should be used for the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client. The Administrative rights used should satisfy three conditions:
- Local Administrator on Primary
- Local Administrator on Secondary
- Domain Administrator