This article lists improvements in Neverfail Heartbeat version 4.6.1
Neverfail Heartbeat version 4.6.1 now includes Application Module support for the following products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2
Neverfail Heartbeat V4.6.1 is also compatible with Windows 2003 R2. Certain services will require Application Modules; please refer to Knowledgebase article 457 for details.
Maintenance fixes and enhancements
Neverfail Heartbeat release V4.6.1 offers improved system reliability and performance over previous versions of the software. Improvements and changes are detailed by component below.
1. Java Runtime Engine updated to use version V1.5.0-5
This provides improved system performance, stability and memory usage.
2. NFCMD.exe utility
The NFCMD.exe utility can be used to perform a variety of tasks (See Knowledgebase article 442 for usage).
3. Support Log Collector now included in kit download.
4. The backup stage of the Neverfail Heartbeat installation is now more flexible and enables the installer to restart or cancel the backup stage.
See Knowledgebase article 458 for further instructions.
Supports child domains managed by the root DNS Servers.
6. Handling of Apple MAC files and Alternate Data Streams.
Neverfail Heartbeat version 4.6.1 now replicates Alternate Data Streams enabling Apple MAC files to be protected.
7. Neverfail for SQL Server now protects Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) service and the default log location if the service is set to "Automatic".
8. Handling of large numbers of shares during Neverfail for File Server install.
In certain circumstances an installation could fail to identify all the shares if the number exceeded 250 at install time. Handling of this has now been improved and shares in excess of 250 will now be protected.
9. Improved handling of "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory"
In certain circumstances starting the Neverfail Heartbeat service (which in turn starts application services by default) could cause the above Exception. Handling of this problem has been improved in version 4.6.1 of Neverfail Heartbeat.