This article describes the procedure for requesting a Neverfail Heartbeat license key using SCOPE Stand-Alone Collector.
After you have purchased a license for a Neverfail product, you will require a license key to activate the software. In order to obtain a license key for a Neverfail Heartbeat server pair, the data output from SCOPE must be uploaded to the Neverfail Extranet. When you start SCOPE this can be either:
- SCOPE Data Collector service (No more than 100 hours old before the request for the license key)
- SCOPE Enterprise Data Collector (No more than 100 hours old before the request for the license key)
- SCOPE Professional data (No more than 100 hours old before the request for the license key)
- microSCOPE data (This must be run immediately prior to installation)
Please refer to Knowledgebase article #1255 - 'How to Request a LICENSE Key for Neverfail Heartbeat Using SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.1 and Later' for more detail regarding the steps to be taken when using SCOPE Data Collector Service file(s).
Note: The data must come directly from SCOPE and is stored in a csv file. SCOPE reports (xls) are not valid.
When you have the csv file.
Log onto the Neverfail Extranet.
- If you are a Neverfail Partner, select Customer Management and then the appropriate customer from the list. Select the appropriate license authorization from the License list and then select Create New Key.
- If you are a Customer, select Licensing and then select the appropriate license authorization from the License list and then select Create New Key.
- Upload microSCOPE, SCOPE Professional, SCOPE Enterprise, or SCOPE Data Collector service file(s). Note: In certain circumstances you may receive a message regarding the Hardware ID of the Primary server. This is expected, please follow the on screen prompts.
- You will now be given an analysis of the server environment. If you receive any recommendations at this point you will need to click to acknowledge these.
- By this stage you should now have a Neverfail Heartbeat software license key. This will be displayed on screen and also emailed to an additional email address.
Under certain circumstances if your server does not meet the minimum hardware requirements (see Knowledgebase article #21 - 'Neverfail Heartbeat System Requirements') for example, you will not be able to obtain a license key.
For further information please contact your Neverfail support representative.
Knowledgebase article #118 - Licensing and Installing Neverfail Heartbeat on Microsoft Windows with Hyperthreading Enabled