This Knowledgebase article provides a procedure that can be used to protect new Coldfusion server instances, post installation of Neverfail for Coldfusion.
Follow the steps below to protect new Adobe Coldfusion instances after installation of the Neverfail for Coldfusion AM(X):
- Make sure the Primary server is active.
Create the new ColdFusion Application server.
- Use the ColdFusion MX 7 (Multiserver version)\ ColdFusion MX Administrator.
- Accept the default path under the %Jrun install path%\servers (Doing so will ensure the server is protected automatically).
Allow the server creation to complete.
Note: If you specified a path outside the default location use the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client to create a filter protecting the server (append \** to the end of the folder path you specified above).
Update the Neverfail Heartbeat Service Monitoring configuration (If a ColdFusion instance has been added or removed, the Application Module should be re-installed as described below).
- Shutdown Neverfail Heartbeat, opt to leave the protected application running.
- Follow these steps on both Primary and Secondary servers:
- Run Setup.exe and select Uninstall Selected Components .
- Select the ColdFusion Application Module from the list of available modules.
- Click Next to complete the uninstall, and then Finish .
- Run Setup.exe and select Install AM(X) .
- Browse to the location of the ColdFusion.amx script.
- Install the AM on both servers.
- To complete the AM installation on the Secondary server, start the 'Configure Server' wizard and from the 'Machine' tab select Secondary-passive as the server role.
Restart Neverfail Heartbeat
- Restart Neverfail Heartbeat on the Primary (active) server.
- Restart Neverfail Heartbeat on the Secondary (passive) server.
For further information, please contact your Neverfail support representative.