This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail AMX for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail AMX for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 2006-07-18
- This new AMX supports version 5.0 of Mail Security. Previous versions of the AMX supported Symantec Mail Security versions 4.5 and 4.6.
- This version of the AM(X) supports version 4.6 and 5.0 with a single version of the AM(X).
- This version protects the 2 new functions within version 5.0 of Mail Security "spam folder agent" and "outlook plugin".
- We determined in January 2007, that this version of the AM(X) does not successfully support version 4.5 of Symantec Mail Security.
This AMX supports V4.6 & V5.0 of Symantec Mail Security for Exchange.
This product requires a valid license key obtained from the Neverfail Extranet authorizing the use of this product (ID 1-1003).
This AM(X) is compatible with Neverfail Heartbeat V4.7.1 onwards. Version 2006-07-18 works with version 4.7.1 or later of Neverfail for Exchange. Please note it cannot be used with previous versions of Heartbeat.
Please read the following Knowledgebase articles:
Knowledgebase article #104 - 'Neverfail Heartbeat and Anti-Virus Tools - General Advice regarding inter-operability with Anti-Virus Scanners'
Knowledgebase article #209 - 'Symantec Anti-Virus Specific Advice'
- Run the Neverfail Heartbeat Setup.exe.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- When prompted, enter a license key that is valid for the AM(X).
- Proceed through the install, when prompted provide the location of the extracted SymantecMailSecurityExchange.amx script. Click Next .
- If any of the pre-install checks fail, correct the problem and then click Back and then Next for the checks to be run.
Neverfail AMX for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 2006-07-18