Note: This product is no longer available or supported.
This Knowledgebase article explains the protection offered by ColdFusion AM(X). There is a sister article, Knowledgebase article #550 - 'ColdFusion – Application Module – Versions', that lists all the versions of the AM(X). In addition, there are links from the sister article to Knowledgebase articles that explain the unique features of each version.
ColdFusion MX 7 is a Web application publishing and development environment. When the AM(X) is deployed with Neverfail for IIS, it will protect the entire web application and publishing environment. This AM(X) protects all ColdFusion services, configuration information and registry settings.
This is a list of all services protected by this AM(X). Please note that where an AM(X) supports multiple vendor versions, some services may not be present in a particular version.
- ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Agent
- ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Server
- ColdFusion MX 7 Search Server
Single instance deployment:
- ColdFusion MX 7 Application Server
Multiple instances deployment:
- Macromedia CFMX AS <InstanceName>
- Macromedia JRUN Admin Server
- Macromedia JRUN CFusion Server
When the AM(X) is installed, all protected services will be set to manual, unless otherwise stated.
This is a description of the protected data set that was determined at AM(X) install time. Please note that exact filters will be based on the configuration of the application at the moment that the AM(X) was installed.
- All registry data;
All configuration information and program files, including:
- Custom Tags directory
- ColdFusion Fonts and Windows Fonts directory
- Charting configuration and data
- Gateway configuration and data
- ColdFusion WWWRoot
- ColdFusion Verity search engine collections and data catalogues
- Mail Spool and undelivered directories
Automatic Filter Discovery
The AM(X) does not provide a filter discovery component. Any server instance created outside of the default runtime root will require a filter to be created manually by the administrator (please refer to Knowledgebase article #518 - 'How to Add or Remove ColdFusion Server Instances' for more details).
The AM(X) will need to be reinstalled according to Knowledgebase article #462 - 'How to Upgrade or Reinstall an Application Module to Protect Previously Unprotected Features', if the application is reconfigured in such a way that new locations are specified for files that are currently protected.
Unsupported Components or Features
The AM(X) does not protect the following application features or components:
- The website content is protected by Neverfail for IIS; please refer to Knowledgebase article #655 - 'IIS – Application Module – Feature List' for details.
- Cold Fusion must be installed as Windows Services.