Note: This product is no longer available or supported.
This Knowledgebase article explains the protection offered by Cadec Mobius TTS Server AM(X). A sister article ( Knowledgebase article #713 - 'Cadec Mobius TTS Server - Application Module eXtension - Versions') lists all the versions of the AM(X). In addition, there are links from that sister article to articles that explain the unique features of each version.
The Cadec Mobius TTS Server is a Vehicle Fleet tracking software, which can use either a local or remote SQL Server database. When SQL Server is installed locally, the AM(X) installs an AMX for the Neverfail for SQL Server. For deployments where SQL Server is remote, then Neverfail for File Server will be required on the Cadec Mobius TTS Server. The AM(X) protects all the Mobius TTS Server services, the configuration files and registry settings.
This is a list of all services protected by this AM(X). Please note that where an AM(X) supports multiple vendor versions, some services may not be present in a particular version.
- Mobius Communications Manager (Mobius Communications Manager)
- Mobius TTS Core Event Service (CadecEvtSvcCore)
- Mobius TTS Install Service (MobiusInstallSvc)
- Mobius TTS Login Event Service (CadecEvtSvcLogin)
- Mobius TTS Manifest Event Service (CadexEvtSvcManifest)
When the AM(X) is installed, all protected services will be set to manual unless otherwise stated.
This is a description of the protected data set that was determined when the AM(X) was installed. Please note that exact filters will be based on the configuration of the application when the AM(X) was installed.
- All registry data
- All files in the server and log directories
- The contents of the ERP In and Out directories
- The contents of the OBC In and Out directories
- Protecting the database will require Neverfail for SQL Server
Automatic Filter Discovery
The AM(X) does not provide a filter discovery component. The AM(X) will need to be reinstalled according to Knowledgebase article #462 - 'How to Upgrade or Reinstall an Application Module to Protect Previously Unprotected Features' if the application is reconfigured such that new locations are specified for files that are currently protected.