This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to create shadow copies manually using the Data Rollback Module.
The Data Rollback Module allows you to automate the creation of shadow copies. In the event that it is necessary, you can also create a shadow copy manually via the Neverfail Data Rollback Module.
To create a shadow copy manually using the Neverfail Data Rollback Module, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
- Navigate to the Rollback -> Status & Control panel.
- In the Create Shadow section, select either active or passive as the server on which the shadow will be located.
- Press the Create Shadow button.
- The 'Status' section relating to the selected server will indicate the shadow creation process. Once the process is complete, the status will read, 'Creating Shadow Copy: Finished'. The related 'Shadows' section will have a new entry with the name and details of the shadow copy.
- Cancel the creation of a shadow copy by clicking the Cancel button located above the 'Shadows' section that becomes enabled during the creation process.