This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail AMX for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail AMX for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 2007-02-02
- Supports all 3 of V4.5, V4.6, and V5.0 of Symantec in the same AMX whereas previously not all the versions of Symantec were supported in the same version of the AMX.
- Overcomes a problem in earlier versions of the AMX where the AMX would not install if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange version 4.6 had been upgraded to Symantec Mail Security for Exchange version 5.0. (Internal Neverfail Group reference BZ 4583)
Supports the Operating System numeric formats where a comma is used (rather than a decimal point). This was an issue in previous versions of the AMX, which showed itself on Continental European locales. (Internal Neverfail Group reference BZ 4908)
This AMX supports V6.5, V4.6 & V5.0 of Symantec Mail Security for Exchange.
This product requires a valid license key obtained from the Neverfail Extranet authorizing the use of this product (ID 1-1003).
This AM(X) is compatible with Neverfail Heartbeat V4.7.1 onwards. Please note it cannot be used with previous versions of Heartbeat.
Please read the following Knowledgebase articles:
Knowledgebase article #104 - 'Neverfail Heartbeat and Anti-Virus Tools - General Advice regarding inter-operability with Anti-Virus Scanners'
Knowledgebase article #209 - 'Symantec Anti-Virus Specific Advice'
- Run the Neverfail Heartbeat Setup.exe.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- When prompted, enter a license key that is valid for the AM(X).
- Proceed through the install, when prompted provide the location of the extracted SymantecMailSecurityExchange.amx script. Click Next .
- If any of the pre-install checks fail, correct the problem and then click Back and then Next for the checks to be run.
Neverfail AMX for Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 2007-02-02