This Knowledgebase article provides information about BlackBerry Enterprise Server User Administration audit files that are protected only at install time.
The Blackberry Enterprise Server User Administration audit log files will only be protected at install time if the admin user performing the install of Neverfail for BlackBerry is the same user who configured the BESUserAdmin service.
The configuration for the BESUserAdmin service is not replicated between servers so the user will need to modify the configuration on the Secondary server. To do this, follow the procedure below:
- On the Secondary server, click on Start -> Run , type "regedit", and click on OK .
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Admin.
- Select the desired task and follow the steps below.
To start the BlackBerry User Administration audit logging feature.
- Double-click the 'AuditLogEnabled' value.
- In the Value data field, type 1.
- Click OK .
To change the location in which the BlackBerry User Administration tool creates the audit log files.
- Double-click the 'AuditLogDir' value.
- In the Value data field, type the location in which to create the audit log files.
- Click OK .
Note: If the location of the audit files is changed post AM(X) install, then a filter must be manually added to protect the new location.