This Knowledgebase article details the procedure that should be followed when attempting to upgrade both Heartbeat and the protected application.
Upgrading an Application Module implies uninstalling the AM and reinstalling the one from the new kit.
The procedure below is also useful when the protected application is being upgraded. The upgrade will be performed between the uninstall and reinstall of the Neverfail Application Module.
When both Heartbeat and the Application Module are being upgraded, the following steps should be followed:
Uninstall the Application Module:
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Uninstall .
- Select the 'Uninstall Selected Components' and click Next .
- Select the Application Module check box.
- Proceed forward with the steps as instructed
- Upgrade Heartbeat using the Service Pack (optionally: upgrade the protected application).
Reinstall the Application Module from the new kit:
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Neverfail -> Uninstall .
- Select 'Install AM(X)' and click Next .
- Browse to the new .vbs script of the AM in the new kit.
- Proceed forward with the steps as instructed.