This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.3.0.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.3.0
The following new features were added to this release.
- Scope MMC was replaced with the Scope Configuration Tool
- LogCollector can trigger SCOPE to gather static information
- Ping section contains results of pings to the Neverfail Upload/Download URL
- The default directory used by Scope was changed from 'C:\ScopeLogs' to 'C:\Neverfail\ScopeData'
Technical Documents supporting this version of SCOPE are contained in Knowledgebase article #1282 - 'V4.3[.n] Neverfail SCOPE Technical Documentation'.
If the Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service was not installed as part of Neverfail Heartbeat installation, it can be installed and removed independently. There are separate installer packages for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions of Windows.
To install the Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service, follow the steps below:
- If Neverfail has not been installed, download SCOPE from the Neverfail Extranet by going to Products / Downloads -> Neverfail SCOPE and select the appropriate version of SCOPE.
- Save the .ZIP installer file to the desired location.
- Double-click the .ZIP file and extract the installer file. Please review the Readme.txt file for additional information.
- Double-click on the installer file to begin the Installation Wizard. The introductory window appears.
- Click Next to begin.
- On the following screen, enter the appropriate information if it is not already present and click Next .
- The next screen allows you to specify the IP address of the remote server and to select the role of the local server. Enter the information as appropriate and click Next .
- Click Install to begin the installation. The progress of the installation is viewable on the following screen.
- When installation has completed, click Finish .
As Indicated Above