This Knowledgebase article provides guidance on sales positioning and strategy for the Neverfail Replicator product.
Sales Positioning & Strategy
When positioning Neverfail as one of the tools in your sales toolbox, do not lead with Neverfail Replicator.
Always ensure that you qualify your customer as to their requirements.
What are they interested in?
- Are they interested in “Just” Data Protection or do they care about Availability?
- 95% of the time the customer will answer “Availability”, otherwise they wouldn’t even be in the market and would probably be happy with simple backups. This gives you a natural point to start positioning Neverfail’s Continuous Availability products.
- Should be sold as a last option – do not lead with it.
- One of Replicator’s primary purposes is to give you credibility to position against lower end Replication-Failover products and to sell Neverfail’s higher value, higher priced, and higher margin Continuous Availability Suite. If asked about Replication-Failover products, you might say:
“We have a product that does what “competitive product XXX” does, let me tell you the short comings of ‘these types’ of Replication–Failover products and why you might want to take a look at our Continuous Availability suite.”
- If you have educated them thoroughly on why Continuous Availability is superior to Replication-Failover, and still all the customer wants is Data Replication-Failover, then sell it to them!
All Sales Personnel