This Knowledgebase article provides information about Neverfail for VirtualCenter 2008-01-21 .
- This is the first release of this AM(X). For information about what this AM(X) does, please see Knowledgebase article #1343 - 'Neverfail for VirtualCenter - Application Module eXtension - Feature List'.
The following are known issues in Neverfail for VirtualCenter 2008-01-21 .
Environment and Configuration Limitations
Neverfail for VirtualCenter is only supported on 32-bit Windows Server platforms and is compatible with:
- Windows 2000 Server SP4 with Update Rollup 1
- Windows 2003 SP1 and Windows 2003 SP2 (32-bit only)
- Neverfail for VirtualCenter is an Application Module eXtension AM(X) designed to be deployed with Neverfail for SQL Server on SQL Server 2000 SP4 Standard or Enterprise deployments.
- This version of Neverfail for VirtualCenter is designed for LAN deployment only and will not operate in a WAN environment properly.
- Neverfail for VirtualCenter is only supported on 32-bit Windows Server platforms and is compatible with:
Virtual Infrastructure Client installed on the VirtualCenter server.
- After completing the install, the Virtual Infrastructure Client may fail to run on the Secondary server when it becomes active.
- Neverfail recommends performing a switchover to the Secondary server once the install has been completed and the system is in sync.
- Launch the Virtual Infrastructure Client program.
- If it fails to start, it can be repaired using the Virtual Infrastructure Client setup.exe.
- In order to install, this AM(X) requires Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2 and the associated version of Neverfail for SQL Server.
- Run the Neverfail Heartbeat Setup.exe.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- When prompted, enter a license key that is valid for Neverfail for SQL Server and Neverfail for VirtualCenter.
- Proceed through the install, when prompted for AM(X)s provide the location of the extracted SQL.vbs. Next, select the .amx files for VirtualCenter and License Server and click 'Next'.
- If any of the pre-install checks fail, correct the problem and then click 'Back' and then 'Next' for the checks to be run.
Neverfail for VirtualCenter 2008-01-21