About Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in
The Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in is designed to preserve general Neverfail Heartbeat and custom configuration parameters of existing Neverfail Heartbeat installations during the migration to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.3[.n] Application Management Framework (AMFx).
Note: It is important to follow step-by-step procedures to preserve both the general and custom configuration parameters during the migration. Failure to do so may cause both general and custom configuration parameters to be lost and unrecoverable. Before starting the migration process, Neverfail recommends that you read this Knowledgebase article in its entirety.
Caution: The latest V5.3 Setup.exe from Neverfail Heartbeat MUST be used during this migration process. Using the Setup.exe from any other version will cause custom configuration parameters to be lost and unrecoverable.
How will the migrated settings appear in Management Client?
The Upgrade Plug-in will migrate all previous Heartbeat customizations and assign them to the Legacy sponsor within the Application Management Framework. Please note the Upgrade Plug-in does a direct import of previous customizations it does not merge the settings with the filters or services that are currently defined by other plug-ins.
What is preserved?
- All file filters.
- All registry filters.
- All services that appear in all application start scripts will be protected using the Legacy sponsor.
Commands in the start stop scripts will be handled as follows:
All entries relating to DNSCMDs will be written to legacy-network-n.bat
- This script will be run as a network configuration task.
- The integer n will be incremented and a new script created each time a new user is used to execute commands.
- All commands in start scripts that appear before the Rem BEGIN_SERVICES will be executed as pre-start commands.
- All commands in start scripts that appear before the Rem END_SERVICES will be executed as post-start commands.
- All commands in stop scripts that appear before the Rem BEGIN_SERVICES will be executed as pre-stop commands.
- All commands in stop scripts that appear before the Rem END_SERVICES will be executed as post-stop commands.
What is not preserved?
- MS DOS conditional statements
- Echo commands (except echo NFCMD)
- Lines starting with REM
- Previous performance monitoring rule configurations
Neverfail Heartbeat All Versions Prior to V5.3