This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to synchronize time between the active and passive servers in a Neverfail server pair/trio running Neverfail Heartbeat/Engine v6.0 and later.
The following procedure demonstrates how to create the task necessary to synchronize time between the active and passive servers in a Neverfail server pair running Neverfail Heartbeat/Engine v6.0 and later. To synchronize the time between the servers, follow the steps below.
Create the following .bat file:SyncTime.bat - consisting of the following script:
nfcmd localhost getsingle Controller ActiveServer | find "<ServerIdentityInAllUpperCase>"
if %errorlevel%==0 goto End
net use \\<Remote_Server_Channel_IP_Address> /user:<Full_Domain_Name>\<Admin_Account> <password>
net time \\<Remote_Server_Channel_IP_Address> /set /y
- Copy the SyncTime.bat into the %Program Files\Neverfail\R2\Bin folder on each server: Primary, Secondary and/or Tertiary.
- On each server replace in the script " <ServerIdentityInAllUpperCases> " with “PRIMARY” or “SECONDARY” or “TERTIARY” depending on which server the script sits.
according to these rules:
- On the Primary server with the Secondary server channel IP, if this is a Binary install (Binary = two server cluster) or with the Tertiary server channel IP if this is a Ternary install (Ternary = three server cluster).
- On the Secondary server with the Primary server channel IP.
- On the Tertiary server with the Secondary server channel IP.
- Replace the <Full_Domain_Name> , <Admin_Account> , and <password> strings with the appropriate data.
- On the Neverfail Manage Server Client Applications:Tasks page, create a new task called ‘ SyncTime ’ and configure it as a Periodic task to run every 86400 seconds. Enter the following command “ %Program Files\Neverfail\R2\Bin\SyncTime.bat ” to execute the task.
Neverfail Heartbeat/Engine v6.0 and Later