This Knowledgebase article provides information about Neverfail Heartbeat V5.4.1.Supporting Documentation
Technical Documents supporting this version of Neverfail Heartbeat are contained in Knowledgebase article #1481 - 'V5.4[.n] Neverfail Heartbeat Technical Documentation'.
CAUTION: If upgrading from Neverfail Heartbeat V5.3[.n] to V5.4.1, upon completion of the upgrade, all file filters MUST be 'Enabled' to ensure replication of protected data. To enable file filters, follow the steps listed below in the Known Issues section.
Improvements made to logging.
Fixed a possible data integrity issue handling write-through or non-cached writes to a share.
Fixed a possible loss of data when in a file server scenario.
Corrected an issue that may cause NFID not to unload on ESX virtual machines.
Debug trace fix added.
Improvements in logging within FSM when hndline Transactions (TxF).
The following are known issues in Neverfail Heartbeat V5.4.1.
Caution: If upgrading from Neverfail Heartbeat V5.3[.n] to V5.4.1, upon completion of the upgrade, all file filters must be 'Enabled' to ensure replication of protected data. Failure to perform this manual step will prevent protected data from being replicated. To enable file filters, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
- Click on the Data button.
- Select the 'Configuration' tab.
- Select each file filter individually and once selected, click on the Edit button.
- Select the 'Enabled' check box and click on OK .
- Repeat this process for all file filters listed.
Environment and Configuration Limitations
The following Windows versions are supported for this Controlled Release
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP1 x86
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP1 x64
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition SP1 x86
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition SP1 x64
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 or SP2 x86
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 or SP2 x64
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 or SP2 x86
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 or SP2 x64
These versions of Windows may be installed:
- On physical hardware
- In a Virtual Machine running under Microsoft Hyper-V
At present it is recommended that your Heartbeat pair should be configured as either:
- Physical Primary to physical Secondary server, or
- Virtual Primary to virtual Secondary server
Physical to virtual configurations are not fully supported with this Controlled Release of Heartbeat.
- You should not attempt to use Heartbeat within a VM running Windows Server 2008 on VMware ESX Server.
- In particular, installing from a physical Primary to a virtual Secondary running under VMware may result in the Secondary server being unable to boot.
Only the following plug-ins are supported:
- Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in V201.5.2
- Neverfail for File Server Plug-in V201.5.2
- Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.3
- Neverfail for ClusterProtector Plug-in V201.5.2
- No other plug-ins are supported with this release of Neverfail Heartbeat.
- Neverfail Heartbeat V5.4.1 Controlled Release should only be installed on English-language versions of Windows Server 2008.
- The following Windows versions are supported for this Controlled Release
Neverfail does not support in place upgrades of the operating system from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.
- Neverfail recommends that the UAC (Windows 2008) be disabled when installing the product on both servers. UAC can be enabled after the install of Neverfail Heartbeat has been completed.
Installation instructions are found in Neverfail Heartbeat and Neverfail Replicator Reference Guide V5.4-Rev2 .
Neverfail Heartbeat V5.4.1