This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.3.4.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.3.4
- SCOPE may incorrectly count the number of processors in Virtual Machines running on VMware ESX.
- SCOPE places performance data from the previous time collection interval in the current output file.
- On systems with Non-Latin languages, SCOPE Performance Data section may not contain data because of errors in string to timestamp conversion.
- SCOPE Data Collector V4.3.2 may intermittently crash on German Windows 2003
- The hotfix date may display incorrectly on Windows Server 2008 both x86 and x64.
Technical Documents supporting this version of SCOPE are contained in Knowledgebase article #1282 - 'V4.3[.n] Neverfail SCOPE Technical Documentation'.
Note: Previous versions of Neverfail SCOPE installed on both the active and passive servers must be uninstalled prior to attempting to install Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service. To uninstall, follow the steps below:
- Click on Start -> All Programs -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs .
- Select 'Scope Data Collector Service' and click Remove .
If the Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service was not installed as part of Neverfail Heartbeat installation, it can be installed and removed independently. There are separate installer packages for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions of Windows.
To install the Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service, follow the steps below:
- If Neverfail has not been installed, download SCOPE from the Neverfail Extranet by going to Products / Downloads -> Neverfail SCOPE and select the appropriate version of SCOPE.
- Save the .ZIP installer file to the desired location.
- Double-click the .ZIP file and extract the installer file. Please review the Readme.txt file for additional information.
- Double-click on the installer file to begin the Installation Wizard. The introductory window appears.
- Click Next to begin.
- On the following screen, enter the appropriate information if it is not already present and click Next .
- The next screen allows you to specify the IP address of the remote server and to select the role of the local server. Enter the information as appropriate and click Next .
- Click Install to begin the installation. The progress of the installation is viewable on the following screen.
- When installation has completed, click Finish .
Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector service V4.3.4