This Knowledgebase article provides the procedure to cause Neverfail to failover when a synthetic check fails.
To use a synthetic check failure to initiate a failover, a script must be created with the necessary commands to perform the check on the desired object and if the check fails, initiate a failover. Use the following command to initiate the failover:
C:\neverfail\r2\bin\nfcmd localhost autoSwitch <reason>
Use the procedure below to create a periodic task consisting of the script that will be executed at the desired interval to perform the synthetic check.
- Launch the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client and click on the Application button.
- Select the 'Tasks' tab and click on the Add button.
- Assign a name to the task and select 'Periodic' for the task type.
- Enter the path to the script file or use the Browse to navigate to the file location.
- Select a user account with permission to run the script.
- Click on OK .
Neverfail Heartbeat V5.3 and Later