This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of the Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in V201.5.4.
The Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in provides file and registry filters that replicate critical data and monitors the performance of critical components of the SQL Server application.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in V201.5.4
Supported Versions of Microsoft SQL Server
x86 Platform (32-bit hardware)
- SQL Server 2008 up to SP2
- SQL Server Standard / Enterprise 2005 up to SP4
- SQL Server Express Edition 2005 up to SP3
- SQL Server 2000 SP4 Standard / Enterprise
- MSDE 2000 SP4
x64 / Intel 64 Platform (64-bit hardware)
- SQL Server 2008 up to SP2
- SQL Server 2005 x64 SP2 and SP4
The IA-64 Itanium Platform is not supported
x86 versions running on x64 platforms
- Support for the 32 bit versions of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 installed on x64 Operating Systems
- Support for SQL Server 2008.
- Support for SQL Server 2005 SP3 and SP4.
A check was added to ensure that SP2 is present for SQL 2005 running on Windows Server 2008.
Note: SP2 is required for SQL 2005 running on Windows Server 2008.
- A check was added to ensure that SP4 is present for SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003.
- This plug-in supersedes the previous released Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in V201.5.3.
- A check was created to verify that appropriate file filters are created.
- Corrected an issue where some services would not start on the Secondary when the user selected to exclude data from the backup.
- Corrected an issue that causes the restore process to fail when SQL 2008 was installed and file paths are added to the backup that do not exist on the Secondary server.
- Corrected an issue that causes the SQL Database Availability rule to fail on first attempt to connect.
Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in fails to create a file filter for SQL Server Reporting Services when SQL Server 2005 SP3 is installed. You must manually configure an Inclusion File Filter for SQL Server 2005 SP3 Reporting services located at:
The presence of the tempdb at startup may cause performance problems when the Alter Index task runs (Ref-11382).
Workaround: Create an Exclusion Filter for the tempdb system database.
For more information about Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in, please see Knowledgebase article #1331 - 'Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in - Online Help'.
Initial installations of Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in should be performed via Neverfail Setup. Subsequent reinstallations and upgrades may be performed using the Application -> Plugins tab of the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
For installation and use of this plug-in, please refer to Knowledgebase article #1331 - 'Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in - Online Help'
Neverfail for SQL Server Plug-in V201.5.4