This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to configure Neverfail for Lotus Domino to use the Lotus Domino attachment and object service.
The Lotus Domino attachment and object service (DAOS) included in release 8.5 allows you to store file attachments in a separate repository on the server and retrieves them by reference.
In databases that use DAOS, Lotus Domino no longer saves a separate and complete copy of every document attachment. Instead, the server saves a reference to each attached file in an internal repository, and refers to the same file from multiple documents in one or more databases on the same server.
To configure Neverfail for Lotus Domino to use DAOS, configure the repository in the Domino Data folder thereby allowing the repository to be protected by Neverfail for Lotus Domino. If the repository is outside of the Domino Data folder, you will have to create an Inclusion Filter to protect the repository.
- Launch the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
- Navigate to Data .
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click on the Add Inclusion Filter... button to add a new file filter.
- Enter the path to the folder or click on the Browse button to navigate to the folder location. The filter can be specified either by giving the complete path, or by specifying a pattern containing wildcards. The two forms of wildcards available are '*', which matches all files in the current folder or '**', which matches all files, subfolders, and the files in the subfolders of the current folder.
- Click on OK to accept the entry.
Neverfail for Lotus Domino