This Knowledgebase article explains the protection offered by Neverfail Plug-in for Trend Micro ScanMail. A sister article ( Knowledgebase article #1784 - 'Plug-in for Trend Micro ScanMail – Versions') lists all the versions of the plug-in that we have produced to date and the versions of related supported software. In addition, there are links from that sister article to articles that explain the unique features of each version.
Trend Micro ScanMail is an anti-virus solution for the Microsoft Exchange Server. The plug-in protects all the configuration information required by the anti-virus, the anti-virus engine files, and the ScanMail services.
This is a list of all services protected by this plug-in. Please note that where a plug-in supports multiple vendor versions, some services may not be present in a particular version.
- ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange (ScanMail_Master)
- ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Remote Configuration Server (ScanMail_RemoteConfig)
- ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange System Watcher (ScanMail_SystemWatcher)
For version 8.0 and onwards of Trend Micro ScanMail for MS Exchange 2007 (x64) the SQL Express Instance services pertinent to ScanMail will be protected.
- SQL Server (SCANMAIL) - (MSSQL$SCANMAIL)
When the plug-in is installed, all protected services will be set to manual unless otherwise stated.
This is a description of the protected data set that was determined when the plug-in was installed. Please note that exact filters will be based on the configuration of the application when the plug-in was installed.
- All registry data and configuration information;
- All the program files, including the scan engine files and the reports.
- For Trend Micro ScanMail for MS Exchange 2007 (x64) the SQL Express Instance database and log files pertinent to ScanMail will be protected. The specific filters will be based on the configuration discovered at install time.
Automatic Filter Discovery
The plug-in does not provide a filter discovery component. The plug-in will need to be reinstalled according to Knowledgebase article #1783 - 'Plug-in for Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange - Online Help' to protect previously unprotected features if the application is reconfigured so that new locations are specified for files that are currently protected.
Unsupported Components or Features
The plug-in does not protect the following application features or components:
- Trend file level scanning
As Indicated Above