This Knowledge Base article describes how Orion Failover Engine should be configured to delay an automatic failover.
Orion Failover Engine has been designed as a high availability solution and provides for a fully automated method of failover. However, Orion Failover Engine can also be configured to delay this automatic failover should it be required.
To do this you need to manually configure the Failover timeout default settings. It is possible to revert back to the previous settings if required. There are several steps to this process (described below).
To Increase the Failover timeout interval:
- Open SolarWinds Orion Failover Manager on the active server by right-clicking the Orion Failover Engine taskbar icon and selecting Manage Server or from Start > Program Files > SolarWinds Orion > Orion Failover Engine > Manage Server .
- Select the server pair you wish to administer.
- Select the Server: Monitoring tab.
- Click the Configure Failover button.
- Set the Failover timeout to a high value (seconds) from this page.
- Ensure that the Failover from Primary server to Secondary server if channel heartbeat is lost for failover timeout check box is selected.
- Ensure that the Failover from Secondary server to Primary server if channel heartbeat is lost for failover timeout check box is selected.
- Click OK .