This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to create shadow copies manually using the Data Rollback Module in Neverfail Heartbeat v6.2 and later.
The Data Rollback Module allows you to automate the creation of shadow copies. In the event that it is necessary, you can also create a shadow copy manually via the Neverfail Data Rollback Module.
To create a shadow copy manually using the Neverfail Data Rollback Module, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
- Navigate to the Data: Rollback page.
- In the Shadows pane, click the Create button.
- When the Create Shadow dialog is presented, select the server where the shadow should be taken.
- The Status section relating to the selected server will indicate the shadow creation process. Once the process is complete, the status will read, Creating Shadow Copy: Finished . The related Shadows section will have a new entry with the name and details of the shadow copy.
- Cancel the creation of a shadow copy by clicking the Cancel button located on the right side of the Status section that becomes enabled during the creation process.
Neverfail Heartbeat v6.2 and later