This Knowledgebase article provides information about Neverfail Heartbeat V5.5.3.
Technical Documents supporting this version of Neverfail Heartbeat are contained in Knowledgebase article #1758 - V5.5[.n] Neverfail Heartbeat Technical Documentation .
The following issues identified in Neverfail Heartbeat v5.5.1 have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client incorrectly reports synchronized after Neverfail Heartbeat was unable to resolve an internal driver error by reloading the driver.
The following are known issues in Neverfail Heartbeat V5.5.3.
Environment and Configuration Limitations
The following Windows versions are supported for this release:
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP1 x86
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP1 x64
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition SP1 x86
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition SP1 x64
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 or SP2 x86
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 or SP2 x64
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 or SP2 x86
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP1 or SP2 x64
- Windows 2000 Server SP4
Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4
These versions of Windows may be installed:
- On physical hardware
- In a Virtual Machine running on Microsoft Hyper-V
In a Virtual Machine running on VMware's ESX
Neverfail Heartbeat supports the following:
- Physical Primary to physical Secondary server
- Virtual Primary to virtual Secondary server (Hyper-V or VMware)
Physical to virtual configurations where the target VM is Hyper-V or VMware
- The following Windows versions are supported for this release:
- Neverfail Heartbeat does not support in place upgrades of the operating system from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.
- Neverfail recommends that the UAC (Windows 2008) be disabled when installing the product on both servers. UAC can be enabled after the install of Neverfail Heartbeat has been completed.
- The System Plug-in is not upgraded automatically and therefore should be manually upgraded using the procedure for Installing/Upgrading the System Plug-in found in Knowledgebase article #1379 - Neverfail System Plug-in - Online Help .
When installing on Windows 2008 SP1 x64 with Exchange 2007 Edge Transport role, backup fails on Exchange Edge role (resulting in a Volume Shadow Copy Service operation error) if the Exchange plug-in is added at setup.
Workaround: Select the Include protected data in backup option when protecting the Edge component.
Installation instructions are found in Neverfail Heartbeat and Neverfail Replicator Reference Guide V5.5-Rev0 .
Information about how to upgrade from a previous version of Neverfail Heartbeat to v5.5.3 can be found in Knowledgebase article #1478 - How to Upgrade Neverfail Heartbeat from V5.3.[n] or V5.4.[n] to a Later Neverfail Heartbeat Version up to V5.5[.n].
Neverfail Heartbeat V5.5.3