This Knowledge Base article provides information about first use of the Heartbeat Plug-in via vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client that results in error #2032 .
Option 1 - When an internet connection exists.
Clicking on the Heartbeat tab of vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client for the first time results in error #2032 and the plug-in fails to properly load.
When the Heartbeat Plug-in is launched in vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client for the first time, it attempts to access the internet to download RSL files. Failure to connect to the internet will result in error #2032 .
Ensure that a connection exists to the internet upon first use of the Heartbeat Plug-in in vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client. Should you encounter error #2032 , perform the following steps:
Connect to the internet.
Close vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client as appropriate.
Launch vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client again.
Option 2 - When a connection to the internet does not exist.
When running vSphere Client, clicking the Heartbeat Plug-in tab results in the error message Error #2032 .
This occurs when the Heartbeat tab in the vSphere Client is unable to download the RSL files due to the inability to access the internet.
On a machine that has an internet connection, run vSphere Client to download the RSL files (downloaded to %APPDATA%\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache\<FolderName> ). The <FolderName> is randomly generated and it looks similar to: EMNF6L53 . these files will have to be copied on the machine which doesn’t have Internet access. The [FolderName] is randomly generated and it looks similar to: EMNF6L53 .
- Install vSphere Client on a computer with Adobe Flash Player installed and that is connected to the internet.
- Click on the Heartbeat tab of the vSphere Client on the machine.
Copy all the files located in
, except the file
to a USB drive or mapped drive.
Note: The <FolderName> is randomly generated and will appear similar to EMNF6L53 .
- Copy the RSL files from the USB drive/mapped drive to %APPDATA%\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache\[FolderName]\ to the same location on the machine without internet connection.
- Close the vSphere Client on the machine with no internet connection and restart vSphere Client.
- Click on the Heartbeat tab.
VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat 6.4.x
VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat 6.5