This Knowledge Base article provides information about this specific release of the EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.5.
The EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in provides protection for critical data, services, and monitors the performance of Exchange components.
Supported Versions and Platforms
EVault Remote Disaster Recovery versions
Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 and SP2
- Windows Server 2008 x64 SP1 (Standard and Enterprise)
- Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1, SP2, and SP3
- Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 (Standard)
- Windows Server 2003 x64 SP1, SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 x86 SP1, SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Protects users from installing with unsafe or unsupported configurations
- EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange plug-in warns if Circular logging is configured (only in build 5642 and later)
- Detects and warns if Exchange stores are configured not to mount at start up
Protects systems from configuration changes
- Automatic Filter Discovery for the queue database on Edge Transport Servers
- Support for the AutoAcceptAgent on Exchange 2003 Server
Protects users from configurations known to degrade system performance
- EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange plug-in warns during pre-install checks if Local Continuous Replication is configured
- The pre-install check calculates recommended memory requirements for Exchange 2007 and 2010 based on number of users
- The IIS Plug-in should always be deployed on the Client Access Server Role Exchange 2007 and 2010 (or whenever IIS is present)
- Wsbexchange is no longer a protected service (Ref-11159)
Filter discovery is not provided on Edge Transport Servers (Ref-10040)
Performance rules for Exchange versions may need to be disabled manually (Ref-9329)
‘RPC Requests 2010’ rule for Exchange Server 2010 remains enabled on Exchange 2007 Server
The ‘Address List Queue Length’ counter is only available on the first Recipient Update Server Exchange installed within the domain (Ref-6364)
The ‘Dismounted store list’ must be disabled manually on the Exchange 2007 Edge Server Role (Ref-9235)
Exchange Server 2010 Performance rules may report ‘Counter not available’ when there are multiple instances of these counters on the server (Ref-9220)
If Exchange 2010 Rollup 3 is installed, the pre-install check might fail (Ref-10154)
- When performance counters do not exist the .Net stack trace is returned
- In Exchange 2003 environments, where Microsoft Search service is running, some index catalog files might be "out of sync" after a switchover; see RDR-REFID-2397.
- The EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in does not support clustering technologies for
- Exchange 2003
- Exchange 2007
- EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in does not protect the Microsoft Exchange Event Service (MSExchangeES) as this service starts on demand and restart protection is not required (Ref-10911).
- The EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in does not support circular logging.
- EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in does not protect SMTP queues on Exchange Server 2003
For more information about the EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in, see RDR-REFID-1325 — EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in - Online Help .
EVault Remote Disaster Recovery for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.5