This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to recover from System Crash (Stop Error) 0x7B, Inaccessible Boot Device and when installing SolarWinds Failover Engine on Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 with different disk sub-systems..
The following assumes that the Primary server is operating as expected and a Secondary server is experiencing System Crash (Stop Error) 0x7B.
When SolarWinds Failover Engine is restarted on a Secondary server following a restore, the server stops with the following error message:
System Crash (Stop Error) 0x7B, Inaccessible Boot Device
This error occurs when the Primary and the Secondary servers have different disk/RAID controllers.
Perform the following steps:
- Download and install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 on the Primary Server. You can download a 60 day trial version of this program from Symantec .
- Download the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Symantec Recovery Disk .iso from Symantec (available through the link above).
- Burn the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Symantec Recovery Disk image on a disk. This will be needed at the restore step on the Secondary or Tertiary server.
On the Primary server:
- Start Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 .
- Define a new backup from the Tasks menu.
- Select Back up my computer (recommended) .
- Select the C:\ drive (or the drive on which the operating system is installed).
- Select Recovery point set (recommended) .
- Select the destination of the backup.
- Continue with the backup process.
On the Secondary server:
- Boot from the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Symantec Recovery Disk that was created in Step 3.
- Start the Networking service if needed.
- Select Recover My Computer .
- Select the System option from the View recovery points by drop down list.
- Browse to the location of the backup, such as a local disk, external disk, or network drive.
- Select Use Restore Anyware to recover to different hardware option.
- Continue with the restore process.
Using Restore Anyware on servers with significant differences in hardware may require you to:
After the restore process completes, the Secondary server will have a different SID than the Primary, so installation of SolarWinds Failover Engine cannot continue. To clone the SID, perform the following steps:
Obtain the Primary’s SID by using the
tool, available for download from Microsoft:
- On the Secondary server, download the NewSID tool from here .
- Run NewSID on the Secondary and specify the Primary’s SID. Restart the server to apply the new SID setting.
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2003
KB 4580 — System Crash (Stop Error) 0x7B, Inaccessible Boot Device
Knowledgebase article #1775 - System Crash (Stop Error) 0x7B, Inaccessible Boot Device on Windows Server 2008
Knowledgebase Article #1865 — System Crash (Stop Error) 0x7B, Inaccessible Boot Device on Windows Server 2008 - Alternate Solution