This Knowledge Base article provides information about Event ID:37 with the warning message as shown below:
Attribute <Attribute_Name>, Instance: <Instance_Name> failed its check
Ipswitch Failover logs the following error:
Event ID:37 Error Message: IpswitchFailoverMonitor: The following attribute failed its check. Attribute name <Attribute>
This event and error message can be caused by either of the following issues:
- One of the attributes monitored by Ipswitch Failover has exceeded its predefined threshold. When the monitored attribute Action setting is set to Log Warning , and attribute performance exceeds the preset parameter, the error message is logged. Normally, this is an indication that the default threshold settings are not adequate for the environment.
- The WMI Service is not started on the server or working properly.
To resolve this error, perform of the following actions:
- Verify that the WMI Service is started and operating properly.
- Launch the Ipswitch Failover Manager by selecting Start -> All Programs > Ipswitch > Ipswitch Failover > Manage Server .
- Navigate to the Applications: Rules page.
- Select the Rule and click Edit .
- Increase the Rule values so that under normal operations no events are triggered. If the system is fairly heavily loaded during normal operations then additional memory/CPU power may be required.
Note: Messages having Event ID 37 seen regularly in the Application Event Log might highlight a problem on the server. It is recommended that, before reconfiguring the Rule threshold value, a check is performed in order to decide whether the Rule fails its check because of temporary problems (for example, temporary increase in server activity) or because of a constant problem.