This Knowledgebase article describes the Neverfail SCOPE GUI Utility 2007-03-01 and provides information about how to use it.
This utility operates only with SCOPE Enterprise Data Collector or SCOPE Data Collector service V4.1.0. It provides the opportunity to view a variety of information from SCOPE Enterprise Data Collector or SCOPE Data Collector services running on different computers. This utility can stop, (but not start), the SCOPE Data Collection service from a remote computer. This is an alterative to the MMC snap-in functionality described in the 'Getting Started with SCOPE Enterprise' document.
The purpose of SCOPE GUI Application is to allow remote viewing of:
- Querying the Service Status
- Querying Service Counters
- Getting the list of static and performance data files
- Issuing remote commands: Upload/Download CSV files and Service Shutdown
- Change or / and Add SCOPE Enterprise Data Collector settings
Each of the above capabilities is represented in the Neverfail SCOPE GUI as a tab as shown below.
Copy the binary ‘SCOPEGUI.exe’ to a local directory and run it from there.
- Type the address for the computer running SCOPE Enterprise Data Collector or SCOPE Data Collector service (optionally, the port if it was changed on the remote computer from the default of 41000).
- Click on Connect button
- A new window will appear containing the connected server's details.
How to Use It
Click the desired Tab to view the information.
Use the Refresh button to refresh the data at any time.
If the connection was lost, press the Reconnect button.
For disconnecting from the remote service, press the Disconnect button.
Note: After 5 minutes of inactivity, the session is automatically disconnected.
Neverfail SCOPE GUI Utility 2007-03-01
Knowledgebase article #1125 - 'Versions of SCOPE GUI Utility 2007-03-01'