This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail for SharePoint.
Release Notes for:
This version of the Application Module is a beta test, for one particular site, of Neverfail for SharePoint 64-bit.
- Neverfail for SharePoint 2007-06-04
An issue with the Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard failing to run on the Secondary server (internal Neverfail Group reference BZ 5122).
An issue with the replication of Language Packs (internal Neverfail Group reference BZ 5321).
For more information about Neverfail for SharePoint, please see Neverfail Heartbeat - Technical Documentation - Reference Guide - V5.2 .
In order to install, this AM(X) requires Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0.
Before starting the install, it is recommended that you refer to the Neverfail Knowledgebase at https://support.neverfail.com/hc/en-us and search for the term SharePoint or IIS Server AM(X) to locate recent articles.
Please consult the Knowledgebase article #557 - 'SharePoint - Application Module - Versions' for full details of supported versions of Heartbeat and the protected application.
Please note that the 'Microsoft SharePoint PS Search' service must be configured to run under a Domain Administrator account and not under the Network Service account (in accordance with advice from Microsoft). Please check the service properties in the Service Control Manager.
Download from the Neverfail Extranet the following kits:
- Neverfail Heartbeat
- or Neverfail for SQL Server if you have a local database
- Neverfail for IIS
- Neverfail for SharePoint
- Extract all the archives.
- Please read the readme.txt that comes with the Neverfail for IIS kit because it contains important configuration information relevant to IIS. In particular, the need to enable the "direct metabase edit" feature.
- Run Setup.exe from the Neverfail Heartbeat distribution and follow the on screen instructions.
When prompted for a license key, be sure to supply one that licenses all the required features:
- Core Heartbeat license
SQL Server license ONLY if you are using a local database
- SQL Server 2000
- SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server Express Edition
- Neverfail for IIS license
- Neverfail for SharePoint license
After pressing 'Next', you will be asked to confirm the Application Module features you intend to install.
- Neverfail for File Server is NOT selected. Please uncheck this box before proceeding.
- Neverfail for SQL Server should only be checked if you have one of the supported versions of SQL Server installed.
- When prompted supply the location of the extracted IISServer.amx script.
- Then supply the location of the extracted SharePoint.amx script.
- Check the order of the list, IISServer must appear above the SharePoint script.
- Click 'Next' and proceed with the install.
- Please contact your software supplier or refer to our knowledge base on our website at https://support.neverfail.com/hc/en-us , which is constantly updated.
Neverfail for SharePoint 2007-06-18