This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail Heartbeat.
Release Notes for:
Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0
- The Exchange Application Module is now available as a separate download. For Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0 onwards, it is now possible to upgrade the Exchange Application Module without installing the latest version of Neverfail Heartbeat.
- The File Server Application Module is now available as a separate download. For Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0 onwards, it is now possible to upgrade the File Server Application Module without installing the latest version of Neverfail Heartbeat.
- The SQL Server Application Module is now available as a separate download. For Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.1 onwards, it is now possible to upgrade the SQL Server Application Module without installing the latest version of Neverfail Heartbeat.
- Neverfail SCOPE - Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service is now an integral part of Neverfail Heartbeat and is deployed automatically when Heartbeat is installed, providing automated system monitoring for all of your protected servers. It is also available as a separate download.
- Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0 provides a smoother and simpler installation process than previous versions through updates to several key areas of Neverfail Setup. Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0 also contains some routine maintenance fixes for issues identified in Heartbeat versions up to V5.1.1.
- On the Primary server, the selection and assignment of IP addresses for the Principal (Public) and Channel NICs has been simplified and made more self-explanatory. Key information about NICs is presented in a way that makes selection of the correct NIC(s) for each task easier and safer.
- The Channel Address mapping between Primary and Secondary servers is verified at install time to ensure a network path is accessible and a warning is issued if no network path can be found. This warning can still be overridden, to allow for situations where the Secondary Channel IP address will be configured later.
- On the Secondary server, IP address assignment and the installation of the Neverfail Packet Filter occur before the NTBackup restore operation and the network settings applied at this point are isolated from the plug-and-play operation, which follows the restore process. As a result, it is no longer necessary to isolate the Secondary server from the network by unplugging ethernet cables. This in turn means that the Secondary install may now be carried out remotely, via Terminal Services.
- On the Secondary server, the correct restore settings are preconfigured in NTBackup. This removes the need to configure NTBackup manually, apart from specifying the .bkf archive you wish to use.
- Neverfail Heartbeat Core - Neverfail Heartbeat now places additional events in the Windows Application Event Log, giving System Administrators greater visibility of key Heartbeat system events.
- passive OutOfMemoryError after active NFChannelExceededMaxDiskUsageException
- Rollback to shadow copy on Secondary/passive hangs at registry key MSDTC
- Tray icon shows incorrect information if Windows Explorer crashes or is closed
- No message if tool tray menu fails to start nfserverr2
- Unable to specify a backup file folder
Technical Documents supporting this version of Neverfail Heartbeat are contained in Knowledgebase article #1263 - 'V5.2[.n] Neverfail Heartbeat Technical Documentation'.
Installation instructions are found in Neverfail Heartbeat and Neverfail Replicator - Technical Documentation - Reference Guide V5.2 .
Upgrading to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0 - This release includes a Service Pack for upgrading from Neverfail Heartbeat versions V4.6.x, V4.7.x, V5.0.x, and V5.1.x to V5.2.0. See Knowledgebase article #1266 - 'How to Upgrade to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0' for details.
Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.0