This Knowledgebase article provides information about a known issue when installing Neverfail for Exchange V5.1.0 and later on Exchange Server 2000 or 2003.
After installing Neverfail for Exchange V5.1.0 or later on Exchange Server 2003 or 2000, the following discrepancies may be found:
- System.xml and/or Exchange.xml file is missing from the <install_directory>\R2\bin folder.
- Exchange.nfd file is missing from the <insatll_directory>\R2\bin folder.
- Exchange services are not set on 'Manual'.
- Start/Stop scripts are empty or do not contain the Exchange services.
By design, when the detected Exchange Server version is 2000 or 2003 (i.e. version 6.0 respectively 6.5), Neverfail for Exchange Setup is checking for registry keys specific to Exchange Server 2007.
Setup will execute the actions specific for Exchange Server 2000 or 2003 only if there are no registry keys specific to Exchange Server 2007 on the machine.
To resolve this issue, uninstall Neverfail for Exchange and then follow the procedure below.
- Execute regedit.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange.
- Remove or rename the registry keys containing "v8.0" so the string does not appear.
- Reinstall Neverfail for Exchange.
Neverfail for Exchange V5.1