This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of the Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in V201.5.1.
The Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in is designed to preserve custom Neverfail Heartbeat configuration settings used in pre-V5.3 installations during the migration to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.3.0 and later. The documented step-by-step instructions for the migration process provided in Knowledgebase article #1333 - 'Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in - Online Help' must be followed to preserve custom configuration settings successfully.CAUTION: Please note that the upgrade procedure, and therefore migration of user-customized settings, relies on the correct use of the current V5.3[.n] Setup utility during the upgrade procedure. If a previous version of Setup.exe is used, customizations will be lost, including:
- Alert settings
- Split brain avoidance
- Heartbeat checks
- User specified File Filters
- Registry Filters
Customizations in Start & Stop Scripts including
- Custom Commands.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in V201.5.1
- This is the first release of this plug-in, which provides complete migration capabilities for user-customized Neverfail Heartbeat configuration settings from Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.2 and earlier to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.3[.n].
- Obsoletes previous upgrade utilities and procedures.
- Services and file filters will be duplicated between application sponsor plug-ins and the legacy sponsor, which has migrated the old configuration.
- If desired, for clarity, duplicate services or filters can be removed from the legacy sponsor.
For more information about Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in, please see Knowledgebase article #1333 - 'Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in - Online Help'.
For installation and use of this plug-in, please refer to Knowledgebase article #1333 - 'Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in - Online Help'
Neverfail Upgrade Plug-in V201.5.1